We are recruiting a qualified and experienced Tenant Liaison for the property management of two buildings currently under our care. The Tenant Liaison will accomplish this by ensuring and maintaining excellent customer service to existing tenants; advertising, vetting, and selling to new tenants; and coordinating events by others in the public spaces. Current buildings that require property management services are in Brattleboro and Bennington, VT.
The position is currently part-time, approximately 20 hours/week, with the opportunity to become full-time. Additional administrative duties to support the M&S team may be required.
- Attract tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from existing tenants, promoting the property amenities, and showing units
- Contract with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposits
- Assist in the management of the property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, and coordinating with maintenance staff for repairs
- Assist with advertising and marketing efforts by updating website and social media
- Assist with press releases and media events coordination
- Manage event producers by drafting contracts, enforcing rules of use for events, notifying tenants of events, and maintaining the event calendar
- Assist with project management duties such as filing and record keeping
- Occasional travel will be required to building sites, transportation can be provided with valid driver’s license
- Optional: Project bookkeeping services
Limits of Authority
- Does not have authority to set rental rates but will quote rates, schedules or negotiate leases in collaboration with property manager and principals
- Has little final authority but is expected to make recommendations on tenants and a variety of important and sensitive issues
Relationship to Others
- Works directly with the property manager, building superintendent and principals
- Works directly with outside vendors doing business with the company and the public
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Responsive and timely communicator with tenants, stakeholders, and team members
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing environments
- Ability to multi‐task, prioritize and maintain a high level of organization
- Professional demeanor and conduct, exercises good judgment and represents the firm with integrity
- Motivation for sales, professional demeanor
- Ability to work autonomously
- Similar experience in another property management company with a bachelors / graduate degree in Management or Administration or ability to learn the building real estate management business
If you are looking for long-term career growth, professional responsibility, and meaningful employment within a fun, energetic, and diverse organization that values its people tremendously, we hope you will consider joining our team. Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (PDF) to: and include “Tenant Liaison” in the subject heading.
M&S Development offers a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. We are a Veteran-owned company and an equal opportunity employer.