M&S is recruiting for a qualified and experienced Project Development Associate to work alongside a team of technical experts leading to the successful execution and delivery of new real estate projects. This position will work as part of the project development team and will report to the Investment Director.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings with Project Managers and senior management
- Assist in the creation and management of detailed budgets and schedules for the project development team
- Research policy, incentives, construction code, taxes, etc. for various markets to aid in project funding
- Manage project financial models as part of multiple concurrent project teams
- Support funding solicitations including tax credit, grant, and debt applications
- Engage community, local, and state institutions for project support
- Assist in the preparation of permit applications for new and acquired real estate deals across multiple local, state, and federal jurisdictions
- Identify and implement alternatives and mitigation strategies to balance project cost and impact
- Negotiate tax abatements, site control agreements, and various other agreements
- Ensure project-specific financial assessments capture all corresponding development, permitting, and operational cost assumptions to support accurate financial modeling
Education and Professional Experience
- BA/BS in economics, finance, real estate, or related field of study
- Knowledge of real estate development process, asset valuation, financing; experience with tax credit programs is a plus
- Project management skills including a strong aptitude for managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and ability to read and comprehend financial models
- Personal passion for and commitment to the enduring vitality of historic New England buildings and communities
- Deep curiosity and creativity, and a drive to solve problems and improve and simplify designs, systems, and processes
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing environments, learn on the fly, and serve in many roles as part of a nimble and innovative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, responsive and timely communicator with team members and clients
- Ability to multi‐task, prioritize and maintain organization in a dynamic environment
- Professional demeanor and conduct, exercises good judgment and represents the firm with integrity
If you are looking for long-term career growth, professional responsibility, and meaningful employment within a fun, energetic, and diverse organization that values its people tremendously, we hope you will consider joining our team. Please email your cover letter, resume, and a detailed list of your project development experience to: and include “Project Development Associate” in the subject heading.
M&S Development offers a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. We are a Veteran-owned company and an equal opportunity employer.